Monday, August 3, 2009

ALL POINTS WEST 2009, Part 2: Vampire Weekend, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Jay-Z, MSTRKRFT

"I am as melancholy as a gib cat or a lugged bear."
-King Henry IV

"Here I can sit alone, unseen of any, and to the nightingale's complaining notes tune my distress and record my woes."
-Two Gentlemen of Verona

"Thy eye Jove's lightning bears, thy voice his dreadful thunder!"
- Love's Labours Lost

"O, poor Gloucester! Lost he his other eye?" 
-King Lear

"I do not desire you to please me; I do desire you to sing. Come, more; another stanzo: call you 'em stanzos?"
-As You Like It

"Through the house give gathering light... every elf and fairy sprite hop as light as bird from brier. Sing, and dance it trippingly!"
-A Midsummer Night's Dream


"Sing no more ditties, sing no moe, of dumps dull and heavy!" 
-Much Ado About Nothing

No comments: